Most people acknowledge that mental illness and drug addiction are common precursors to criminal behavior. Individuals who suffer from an undiagnosed and/or untreated mental illness often try to “self-medicate.” Drug addicts who run out of legitimate sources of money to pay for their drug habit will often turn to crime as a source of money. Many of these individuals eventually end up serving lengthy sentences in a state or federal prison.
Topics covered in this report include:
- How Serious Is the Problem?
- What Are Problem-Solving Courts
- What Types of Treatment Courts Are Available?
- Who Is Eligible for a Problem-Solving Court?
- How Is a Case Transferred to a Treatment Court?
- How Does Treatment Court Work?
- What Are the Benefits of Participating in a Problem-Solving Court?
Latest posts by Tom Petersen (see all)
- Free Holiday Sober Rides - Monday, August 19, 2019
- Omaha Drug Crime Attorney Explains Search and Seizure Law Basics - Friday, August 2, 2019
- Will I Have to Register As a Sex Offender in Nebraska? - Friday, July 26, 2019