If you are not involved in any criminal undertakings your first question will likely be “Why would the police want to search my home?” The reality is that there are several common reasons why the police could want to conduct a search of your home even if you are a law abiding citizen.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Why would the Police want to Search my Home?
- The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution
- Nebraska State Constitution Article 1-7
- What do the 4TH Amendment and Article 7 Mean?
- What is Probable Cause?
- Obtaining a Warrant
- Exceptions to the Warrant Requirement
- The Exclusionary Rule
Latest posts by Tom Petersen (see all)
- Free Holiday Sober Rides - Monday, August 19, 2019
- Omaha Drug Crime Attorney Explains Search and Seizure Law Basics - Friday, August 2, 2019
- Will I Have to Register As a Sex Offender in Nebraska? - Friday, July 26, 2019